Xavier Becerra has been appointed by Governor Jerry Brown to succeed former California Attorney General Kamala Harris. He takes over the criminal investigation of Southern California Edison (SCE) related to the closure of the San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station (SONGS).
- Criminal probe of utilities commission may get new life
- Settlement talks are underway to rebalance San Onofre deal
- CPUC reform is on legislative docket third year running
- Billions of dollars at stake in Edison arbitration with Mitsubishi
- Nuclear waste storage moves ahead as Issa, others, seek to stop it
(The San Diego Union Tribune, 2/7/2017)